General Committee for Scientific Research Ethics
The committee is concerned with issuing ethical approval certificates for research proposals that are conducted in the name of the Libyan International University for Medical Sciences, in accordance with the approved procedures and regulations.
The committee is concerned with reviewing requests for ethical approvals for biological research submitted by the Research and Consulting Center at the university, granting approvals to whoever fills out the data of the forms specifically prepared for that, and referring requests for ethics related to genetic research or those that have problems and conflicts of interest, or that cover the national level to the National Committee for Safety. It also specializes in preparing forms for approvals and bioethics controls based on the models and controls issued locally, regionally and internationally, and technical coordination with the National Biosafety and Bioethics Committee regarding its work.
Committee Chairman and Members
Dr. Ezeddin Salem Gassar
Mis. Orjwan Hadia
Committee documents and forms
- Research Protocol Form for Modification and ethical approval extension
- Document of Ethical Approval Procedures
- Document of Biological Ethics Guidelines
- Curriculum Vitae Form Submitted with Ethical Approval Application Form
- Ethical Approval Application Form for Animal Research only
- ETHICAL APPROVAL LETTER.pdf
- Informed Consent Form for Conducting Research or Scientific Study on a Voluntary Participant
- The Committee grants Committee 6 a national code symbolizing the university for its use in the standardized numbering of ethical approvals.
- Ethical Approval Form for Conducting Human Research.